Our comprehensive laboratory offers all categories of tests for both routine outpatient and emergency visits, and our technologists have the resources to perform virtually any lab test. In the event that a referred test is not routinely performed at Florence Hospital, it will be transferred to Mountain Vista Medical Center's laboratory for completion.
Preparing for Your Imaging Procedure
If you have a scheduled appointment, please discuss the procedure and any special instructions with your doctor before you arrive. If a test is ordered while you are a patient at the hospital, your physician, nurse, or technician can explain the procedure and answer any questions you have.
These general guidelines will help you prepare for and stay comfortable during your procedure:
- Wear loose-fitting clothes. You may be asked to change into a hospital gown.
- Don’t wear items containing metal. In some cases, you will be asked to remove jewelry, watches, hairpins, eyeglasses, or dentures.
- Some tests require you to go without eating or drinking for a specified period before your procedure. Be sure to ask your doctor about this at least 24 hours before your appointment.
- Tell your technologist if there is a chance you may be pregnant or if you are breastfeeding.
- Tell your technologist if you are allergic to shellfish or iodine.
- Some procedures require you to remain still for a period of time. Your technologist will explain what you need to do for a successful procedure.